Catholic education has been serving Australian families for 200 years. Join us in the education of future generations.
The National Catholic Education Commission is the peak body for Catholic Education in Australia advocating for a just allocation of public monies to ensure equitable access to Catholic schools, providing national educational policy leadership, and working collaboratively to deliver quality educational outcomes aligned to the mission of the Catholic Church.
Education Policy Advisor
Full-time position Based in Melbourne or Sydney
Join our team
As Education Policy Advisor you will play a key role in advising our executive director and team on national policy matters including:
- Educational policy and legislation
- School governance and educational performance
- School funding and accountability
- Faith Formation and Religious Education
Reporting to the Senior Education Advisor, you will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including government agencies; be responsible for supporting policy development; and will contribute to an effective team and organisational culture aligned with our mission and values.
We’re looking for:
- Ideally experience in education policy development within a relevant government department, lobby group or school education system
- A sound understanding of Faith Formation and Religious Education within the contemporary Catholic school environment
- Relevant Australian tertiary qualifications in law particularly with a legal qualification and regulatory specialisation in education within the education sector
- A sound understanding of government policy processes, the legislative process, and federal and state government education political and policy agendas
- Demonstrated experience and skills in research, analysis, policy advice and development and preparing meaningful and quality executive level briefing papers
- Superior communication and technology skills, ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Ability to perform and respond effectively to competing priorities and demands
- Understanding of the special nature and needs of Catholic schools and the Catholic Church, and its values and ethos
How to apply